The Values Based Academic Leadership Institute will be held on October 5-6, 2018 at Broward College in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The purpose of the Institute is to explore the practices of a values driven leader, one who can produce transformative change by creating an environment to support leaders at all levels.
Whereas other academic leadership development programs in higher education focus primarily on building management skills and acumen for the purpose of career advancement, The Values Based Academic Leadership Institute does much more. We take a holistic approach to all levels of academic leadership by grounding theory, practice, and institutional mission in personal and professional values to foster authentic, successful leadership.
The Institute will cover the following topics over the course of the program:
- Leading Change Through Purpose
- Everyday Leadership for Academic Communities
- The Turn Around Leader
- Value Based Leadership Models
- Motivating for an Engaged Academic Community
- Talent Management
- Department & Program Leadership
- Assessment of Faculty Work for Positive Feedback
- Mentoring & Faculty Development
- Creating Principled Corporate & Community Partnerships
- Working with Alumni & Advancement
The cost to attend the Institute is $600 per registrant.
The Institute registration fees include the following:
- Admission to all educational sessions
- All related session materials
- Lunch and a networking reception on Friday, October 5th
- Breakfast and lunch on Saturday, October 6th
About Success For Higher Education
Success for Higher Education (S4HE) offers consulting expertise in a wide range of academic areas. We provide you and your institution a personalized approach to solving your professional development needs from customized workshops to strategic planning, leadership development and coaching. To see a detailed description of S4HE’s services, visit their website.
For questions about institute topics and speakers, contact Karen Oates, partner at S4HE at email@example.com.
For questions about institute logistics please contact Kyle Simmons, NCSCE’s Faculty Development Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.